Visiting Fort Pierce
Families will find kid-friendly activities in Fort Pierce, and visitors give high marks for the beaches and top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its shopping. Top sights around the area include McKee Botanical Garden and Holman Stadium at Dodgertown.
- You'll find 313 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Vero Beach
- The closest major airport is in Vero Beach, FL (VRB-Vero Beach Municipal), 15.2 mi (24.5 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Stuart, FL (SUA-Witham Field), 19.6 mi (31.5 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Fort Pierce
Favorite family attractions include St. Lucie County Aquarium and Heathcote Botanical Gardens. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and such places to visit as Harbour Pointe Park and Pepper Park Beachside. The city is well liked for its places to shop, and Fort Pierce Farmer's Market is a favorite for retail therapy.
In Fort Pierce, you'll find 68 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have ample places to choose from for a perfect vacation. Here you'll find top ones based on our user reviews:
- Salt Dancer Mega Yacht Vacation - This 2.5-star cruise ship features a marina, free breakfast, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and comfortable beds.
- Road Runner Travel Resort - Caravan Park - Our customers like the beach locale and helpful staff at this cabin. With a stay at this 2.5-star cabin, guests can enjoy access to a golf course and a restaurant, along with an in-room kitchenette.
- The Mellon Patch Inn - This 3.5-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. Expedia customers like its breakfast and beach locale.
Popular places to visit in the area include McKee Botanical Garden, located 11.7 mi (18.8 km) from the city center, and Holman Stadium at Dodgertown, which is 14.9 mi (24 km) away.
Dressing for Fort Pierce
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 78°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 51°F
- From April to June, the average is 89°F during the day and 60°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 90°F during the day and 73°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 87°F as the daytime average and 53°F as the nighttime average
- About 53.78 inches of rain falls on Fort Pierce each year
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 89°F, while January and December are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 53°F