Find Hotels in Whitsunday Islands
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Check Whitsunday Islands hotel prices
You could be seeing lower prices
Visiting Whitsunday Islands
Families will find kid-friendly activities in Whitsunday Islands, and visitors give high marks for the beaches. This relaxing city also attracts tourists with its sporting events. Top sights in the city include Whitehaven Beach, Catseye Beach, and Hamilton Island Marina.
- There are 198 hotels and other accommodations in Whitsunday Islands
- The closest major airport is in Hamilton Island, QLD (HTI-Great Barrier Reef), 8.5 mi (13.7 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Proserpine, QLD (PPP-Whitsunday Coast), 34.8 mi (56 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Whitsunday Islands
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and these places to visit: Whitehaven Beach, Catseye Beach, and Hayman Island Reef. Top activities include exploring the coral reef and snorkeling, while Hamilton Island Marina, Hamilton Island Golf Club, and South Molle Island Jetty are favorite sights to visit. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are WILD LIFE Hamilton Island and Pelican Island.
In Whitsunday Islands, there are 198 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have a variety of choices for a perfect vacation. Here are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Qualia - With a stay at this 5-star resort, guests can enjoy access to 2 outdoor pools and a full-service spa, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and pool.
- Beach Club - Our customers like the dining options and breakfast at this resort. This 4.5-star resort features a full-service spa, free breakfast, and a restaurant.
- Reef View Hotel - This 4-star hotel features a full-service spa, a restaurant, and an outdoor pool. Expedia customers like its family-friendly amenities and clean, comfortable rooms.
One of the popular sights in the surrounding area is Airlie Beach Lagoon, 19.9 mi/32.1 km from the heart of the city.
Dressing for Whitsunday Islands
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 87°F during the day and 70°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 83°F, while the average at night is 56°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 81°F with nighttime averages of 56°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 87°F and nighttime averages of 65°F
- Average annual rainfall for Whitsunday Islands is 1.89 inches
- Usually December and January are the hottest months with an average of 87°F, whereas July and June are often coldest, averaging 57°F