Visitors to Wilmington are sure to enjoy the ski areas, mountain views, and lakeside setting. This welcoming city also attracts tourists with its coffeehouses.
- You'll find 149 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Lake Placid
- The closest major airport is in Lake Placid, NY (LKP), 10.6 mi (17.1 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Saranac Lake, NY (SLK-Adirondack Regional), 18.2 mi (29.3 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Wilmington
The hiking trails, mountain views, and lakeside highlight the city's natural beauty, and Wilmington Town Beach, Adirondack Wildlife Refuge, and High Falls Gorge are worth a visit. Skiing is a top activity, and Whiteface Mountain is one place to visit. Additionally, you might want to add Santa's Workshop to your agenda.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 31 hotels and other lodging options to select from in Wilmington. These are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Adirondack Spruce Lodge - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free valet parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its family-friendly amenities and helpful staff.
- Willkommen Hof Bed & Breakfast - Our customers like the breakfast and comfortable rooms at this B&B. This 3-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking.
- Alpine Country Inn and Suites - This 2-star motel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its overall value and pool.
Dressing for Wilmington
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 43°F and the nighttime average to be 1°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 75°F during the day and 20°F at night
- July through September averages 76°F during the day and 36°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 59°F during the day and 4°F at night
- About 37.48 inches of rain falls on Wilmington each year
- Hottest months are usually July and June with an average temperature of 75°F, while the coldest months are February and January with an average of 2°F