Visitors to Alburquerque are sure to find plenty to explore and enjoy. There are 50 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area. The closest major airport is in Badajoz (BJZ-Talavera La Real), 23.3 mi (37.6 km) from the city center.
Sightseeing and Staying in Alburquerque
A favorite place to visit in the city is Luna Castle. Additionally, you'll find Ouguela Castle and Cesar Correia Stadium in the area.
As you plan for your vacation to Alburquerque, you might not find an accommodation in the city center, but you can choose from 50 hotels and other lodging options within the larger area. Listed here are places to stay in the region:
- Hotel Badajoz Center is 24.2 mi (39 km) from the center of Alburquerque. Guests who stay at this 4-star hotel in Badajoz can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. Our customers like its pool and convenient parking.
- Sercotel Gran Hotel Zurbarán is located 23.3 mi (37.5 km) from the heart of Alburquerque. This 4-star hotel in Badajoz features a restaurant, free WiFi, and parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and helpful staff.
- AC Hotel Badajoz by Marriott is 23.1 mi (37.2 km) from central Alburquerque. Guests who stay at this 4-star hotel in Badajoz can enjoy access to a health club and a steam room, along with free WiFi.
Top places to visit around the area include Badajoz Fortress, 23 mi/37 km from the city center, and Plaza Alta, which is 23.1 mi (37.2 km) away.
Dressing for Alburquerque
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 64°F during the day and 40°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 89°F, while the average at night is 46°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 93°F with nighttime averages of 58°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 77°F and nighttime averages of 41°F
- Alburquerque gets about 19.61 inches of rain per year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 91°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 41°F