Find Hotels in Alta, WY
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Reviewed on Sep 2, 2020
Reviewed on Aug 25, 2020
Nature enthusiasts will enjoy exploring Alta, and many visitors are sure to appreciate the ski areas and mountain views. Tourists can also enjoy the city's sightseeing tours and cafés. Top sights around the area include Grand Targhee Resort and Jackson Hole Mountain Resort.
- You'll find 690 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Jackson Hole
- The closest major airport is in Jackson Hole, WY (JAC), 18.2 mi (29.4 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Alta
The hiking trails and mountain views highlight the city's natural beauty with places to visit including Alaska Basin Trail, Death Canyon, and Teton Range. Top activities include skiing and biking, while Grand Targhee Resort is one place to visit. Additionally, you might want to add Grand Teton National Park to your agenda.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 7 hotels and other lodging options available to pick from in Alta. Below are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Teton Teepee Lodge - With a stay at this 2-star lodge, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its convenient parking and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Teewinot Lodge by Grand Targhee Resort - Our customers like the room size at this lodge. This 3-star lodge features ski slopes, 4 restaurants, and an outdoor pool.
- Sioux Lodge Suites by Grand Targhee Resort - This 2.5-star hotel features ski slopes, 4 restaurants, and an outdoor pool. Expedia customers like its dining options and pool.
Outside the city, popular places to visit include Jackson Hole Mountain Resort, located 15.6 mi (25.1 km) from the heart of the city, and National Museum of Wildlife Art, which is 21.7 mi/34.9 km away.
Dressing for Alta
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 46°F and the nighttime average to be 8°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 75°F during the day and 24°F at night
- July through September averages 80°F during the day and 33°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 62°F during the day and 8°F at night
- Alta gets about 17.13 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 78°F, while the coldest months are December and January with an average of 10°F