History buffs enjoy visiting Angouleme though all visitors are sure to find something to appreciate. Tourists can also enjoy the city's museums, festivals, and opera houses. In Angouleme, there are 19 hotels and other accommodations to choose from.
Sightseeing and Staying in Angouleme
Cultural venues in the city include Angouleme Museum, FRAC Poitou-Charentes, and Angouleme Paper Museum. The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks like Chateau d'Angouleme and Angouleme Cathedral. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are International Cartoon Museum and Hirondelle Golf.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 19 hotels and other lodging options available to choose from in Angouleme. Below are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Relais du Silence Le Saint Gelais - This 4-star hotel features a restaurant, free WiFi, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its central location and helpful staff.
- Mercure Angouleme Hotel de France - Our customers like the breakfast and central location at this hotel. With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and a fitness center, along with free WiFi.
- Hôtel Saint Antoine - This 3-star hotel features a restaurant, free WiFi, and free parking. Expedia customers like its breakfast and walkable location.
Getting Around Angouleme
To see more of the larger area, hop aboard a train at Angoulême Station. Angouleme might not have very many public transit options so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Angouleme
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 57°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 37°F
- From April to June, the average is 75°F during the day and 44°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 79°F during the day and 54°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 68°F as the daytime average and 39°F as the nighttime average
- Angouleme gets about 1.22 inches of rain per year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 77°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 38°F