Visitors to Aue are sure to find plenty to explore and enjoy. There are 197 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area. The closest major airport is in Karlovy Vary (KLV-Karlovy Vary Intl.), 28.8 mi (46.4 km) from the city center.
Sightseeing and Staying in Aue
A favorite place to visit in the city is Sparkassen-Ore Mountains Stadium. You'll also find St. Wolfgang Church and Museum fuer Bergmaennische Volkskunst in the area.
As you make plans for a getaway to Aue, your ideal accommodation may not be in the city center but there are 27 hotels and other lodging options within the local area. Below are places to stay in the area:
- First Inn Zwickau is 12.2 mi (19.6 km) from the center of Aue. Guests who stay at this 4-star hotel in Innenstadt can enjoy access to 3 restaurants and a fitness center, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and convenient parking.
- BIENDO Hotel Chemnitz is located 19.1 mi (30.8 km) from the heart of Aue. Guests who stay at this 3.5-star hotel in Chemnitz can enjoy access to a restaurant and a bar, along with free WiFi. Our customers like its breakfast and central location.
- Pentahotel Chemnitz is 19.7 mi (31.8 km) from central Aue. Guests who stay at this 4-star hotel in Chemnitz can enjoy access to a full-service spa and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. Our customers like its overall value and clean rooms.
Getting Around Aue
To see more of the surrounding area, hop aboard a train at Aue Station or Aue Erzgebirgsstadion Station. Aue might not have many public transit options to choose from so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Aue
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 47°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 23°F
- From April to June, the average is 69°F during the day and 33°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 73°F during the day and 42°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 57°F as the daytime average and 24°F as the nighttime average
- About 0.91 inches of rain falls on Aue each year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 70°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 24°F