Visiting Bad Durrnberg
Visitors can enjoy all that Bad Durrnberg has to offer including the monuments and museums. Hellbrunn Palace, Fortress Hohensalzburg, and Salzburg Cathedral are some of the top sights around the area.
- There are 580 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area
- The closest major airport is in Salzburg (SZG-W.A. Mozart), 9.9 mi (16 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Bad Durrnberg
Notable city landmarks like Bad Durrnberg Salt Mine and Wallfahrts Church might be worth a visit. Additionally, you might want to add Kelten Museum to your agenda.
As you make plans for a getaway to Bad Durrnberg, your ideal accommodation may not be centrally located but you'll find 181 hotels and lodging options locally. Below are places to stay in the surrounding area:
- H+ Hotel Salzburg is 10.6 mi (17.1 km) from the center of Bad Durrnberg. This 4-star hotel in Salzburg features free WiFi, a health club, and a sauna. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and overall value.
- IMLAUER Hotel Pitter Salzburg is 10.3 mi (16.5 km) from central Bad Durrnberg. This 4-star hotel in Salzburg features 2 restaurants, free WiFi, and a 24-hour fitness center. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall value and WiFi.
- MEININGER Hotel Salzburg City Center is located 10.1 mi (16.3 km) from the heart of Bad Durrnberg. Guests who stay at this 2-star hostel in Salzburg can enjoy access to a bar and a rooftop terrace, along with free WiFi. Our customers like its breakfast and helpful staff.
Top places to visit outside the city include Hellbrunn Palace, 7 mi/11.3 km from the city center, and Fortress Hohensalzburg, which is 9.5 mi/15.2 km away.
Dressing for Bad Durrnberg
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 53°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 26°F
- From April to June, the average is 74°F during the day and 37°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 76°F during the day and 46°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 63°F as the daytime average and 26°F as the nighttime average
- Bad Durrnberg gets about 1.02 inches of rain per year
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 74°F, while January and December are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 27°F