Travelers to Bennington give high marks for the ski areas, magnificent mountain views, and shopping. This city also attracts tourists with its spas, golf courses, and museums. Top sights around the area include Mount Snow and Mass MoCA.
- There are 158 hotels and other accommodations in Bennington
- The closest major airport is in Pittsfield, MA (PSF-Pittsfield Municipal), 31.7 mi (51 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Albany, NY (ALB-Albany Intl.), 32.4 mi (52.1 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Bennington
Well-known for its museums, the city's cultural venues include Bennington Museum, Bennington Center for the Arts, and Gander Gallery. The city is notable for landmarks like Bennington Battle Monument, Hildene, and Old First Congregational Church. The mountain views and hiking trails highlight the city's natural beauty with places to visit including Equinox Preservation Trust, Lake Shaftsbury State Park, and Mount Equinox.
In Bennington, you'll be able to select from 158 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have a variety of choices for your holiday retreat. Here you'll find top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Silver Service Inn - With a stay at this 3-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with satellite TV. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
- The Reluctant Panther Inn and Restaurant - Our customers like the dining options and bar at this inn. With a stay at this 4-star inn, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with an in-room fireplace.
- Hill Farm Inn - With a stay at this 3.5-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its bar and clean, comfortable rooms.
Other top sights in Bennington include Bromley Mountain Ski Resort. Popular places to visit outside the city include Mount Snow, located 16.6 mi (26.8 km) from the heart of the city, and Stratton Mountain Resort, which is 22 mi/35.4 km away.
Dressing for Bennington
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 50°F during the day and 11°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 78°F, while the average at night is 29°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 80°F with nighttime averages of 42°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 64°F and nighttime averages of 13°F
- About 40.75 inches of rain falls on Bennington each year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 78°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 14°F