Visitors can enjoy all that Bhopal has to offer including the temples, lakeside setting, and forests. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its university setting.
- There are 180 hotels and other accommodations in Bhopal
- The closest major airport is in Bhopal (BHO), 5.3 mi (8.5 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Bhopal
Cultural venues in the city include Birla Mandir Museum, Bharat Bhavan, and State Museum of Madhya Pradesh. The city is notable for landmarks like Moti Masjid, Oasis Academy, and Darul Uloom Tajul Masajid. The university setting is a highlight of the city and Regional Science Center is worth a campus tour.
In Bhopal, you'll be able to select from 180 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have plenty of choices for your holiday retreat. Here are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Courtyard by Marriott Bhopal - Guests who stay at this 4.5-star hotel in Maharana Pratap Nagar can enjoy access to 4 restaurants and an outdoor pool, along with an in-room fireplace. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
- Jehan Numa Palace Hotel - Our customers like the quiet location and clean, quiet rooms at this hotel. With a stay at this 5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and 3 restaurants, along with free WiFi.
Getting Around Bhopal
To venture out into the surrounding area, hop aboard a train at Habibganj Railway Station or Bairagarh Station. Bhopal may not have many public transportation choices so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Bhopal
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 97°F during the day and 52°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 106°F, while the average at night is 68°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 92°F with nighttime averages of 69°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 90°F and nighttime averages of 52°F
- Average annual rainfall for Bhopal is 47.52 inches
- Usually May and April are the hottest months with an average of 103°F, whereas January and December are often coldest, averaging 53°F