Visiting Bodega Bay
Nature enthusiasts will enjoy exploring Bodega Bay, and visitors give high marks for the beaches and top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its relaxing setting. A top sight in the area is Goat Rock Beach.
- There are 28 hotels and other accommodations in Bodega Bay
- The closest major airport is in Santa Rosa, CA (STS-Sonoma County), 17.9 mi (28.8 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Novato, CA (NOT-Gnoss Field), 29.8 mi (48 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Bodega Bay
The beaches, sunsets, and hiking trails highlight the city's natural beauty, and Bodega Dunes, Westside Regional Park, and Horseshoe Cove Overlook are worth a visit. Top activities include bird watching and exploring the waterfront, while Links at Bodega Harbour is one place to visit. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Children's Bell Tower and Bodega Marine Laboratory.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 28 hotels and other lodging options to select from in Bodega Bay. Below are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Bay Hill Mansion B and B - This 3.5-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and comfortable beds.
- Bodega Bay Lodge - Our customers like the family-friendly amenities and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and a restaurant, along with free WiFi.
- The Inn at the Tides - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to 2 restaurants and free breakfast, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its family-friendly amenities and central location.
A top sight in the surrounding area is Goat Rock Beach, located 8.9 mi (14.2 km) from the city center.
Dressing for Bodega Bay
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 59°F and the nighttime average to be 44°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 63°F during the day and 46°F at night
- July through September averages 64°F during the day and 50°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 63°F during the day and 43°F at night
- Bodega Bay gets about 20.12 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually September and August with an average temperature of 64°F, while the coldest months are December and January with an average of 44°F