Families will find kid-friendly activities in Carlisle, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its university setting, sporting events, and shopping. A top sight in the area is Pennsylvania State Capitol.
- You'll find 221 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Harrisburg - Hershey
- The closest major airport is in Harrisburg, PA (HAR-Capital City), 17.8 mi (28.6 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Harrisburg, PA (MDT-Harrisburg Intl.), 22.9 mi (36.8 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Carlisle
Cultural venues in the city include Carlisle Theatre, Cumberland County Historical Society Museum, and Army Heritage and Education Center. The city is well liked for its places to shop, and Carlisle Country Market is a favorite for retail therapy. University life is a highlight in the city and campuses to tour include Dickinson College and Carlisle Barracks.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 30 hotels and other lodging accommodations to choose from in Carlisle. Below are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Carlisle House - With a stay at this 2.5-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and bathrooms.
- Red Cardinal Bed and Breakfast - Our customers like the comfortable beds at this B&B. This 3.5-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking.
- Pheasant Field Bed and Breakfast - With a stay at this 3.5-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with cable TV. Expedia customers like its breakfast and location.
A top sight outside the city is Pennsylvania State Capitol, located 16.8 mi (27 km) from the heart of the city.
Dressing for Carlisle
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 57°F during the day and 23°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 84°F, while the average at night is 37°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 86°F with nighttime averages of 50°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 70°F and nighttime averages of 24°F
- Carlisle gets about 40.94 inches of rain per year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 84°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 24°F