Find Hotels in Cartagena
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on Jun 24, 2020
Reviewed on Feb 7, 2020
Visitors to Cartagena are sure to enjoy the waterfront, golf courses, and spas. Tourists can also enjoy the city's archaeological sites and casinos.
- There are 155 hotels and other accommodations in Cartagena
- The closest major airport is in Murcia (MJV-San Javier), 13.5 mi (21.8 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Cartagena
The city is notable for landmarks like Punic wall of Cartagena, Augusteum, and Roman Theater. The city's natural beauty is on display at Morena Beach, Los Nietos Beach, and Islas Menores. Top activities include exploring the waterfront and golfing, while Port of Cartagena and La Manga Club are sights to visit.
In Cartagena, you'll be able to select from 155 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have plenty of choices for a perfect vacation. Below are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- El Secreto del Agua - Guests who stay at this 3-star aparthotel in Mar de Cristal can enjoy access to a restaurant and a terrace, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and quiet location.
- La Manga Club Hotel Príncipe Felipe - Our customers like the dining options and bar at this hotel. This 5-star hotel in Diputación de Rincón de San Ginés features 2 outdoor pools, a full-service spa, and a golf course.
- NH Cartagena - This 4-star hotel in Diputación de Cartagena Casco features a restaurant, free WiFi, and a bar. Expedia customers like its central location and comfortable beds.
Getting Around Cartagena
With so many transportation options, exploring all of Cartagena is a breeze. To see more of the larger area, hop on a train at Cartagena Station. You can explore water transportation options at the port.
Dressing for Cartagena
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 66°F and the nighttime average to be 39°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 83°F during the day and 48°F at night
- July through September averages 87°F during the day and 62°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 78°F during the day and 44°F at night
- Cartagena gets about 11.22 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 85°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 41°F
Frequently asked questions
What's the best place to stay in Cartagena?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Cartagena, will I receive a refund?
Where can I learn more about changing or cancelling my trip to Cartagena?
What's the best budget-friendly hotel in Cartagena?
What's the best hotel for a stay in Cabo de Palos?
What's the best accommodation in La Azohia?
What's the best place to stay for a family vacation to Cartagena?
What's the best hotel for a romantic vacation to Cartagena?
What's the best pet-friendly hotel in Cartagena?
Where is the best hotel to stay near Lighthouse of Cabo de Palos?
What about the best place to stay near Port of Cartagena?
Recent reviews of Cartagena hotels
More trip options
- Cartagena Hotels by Star Rating
- Hotels near Cartagena Airports
- Hotels in Cartagena Neighborhoods
- Hotels near Popular Cartagena Attractions
- More Accommodation Types in Cartagena
- More Hotel Options in Cartagena
- More Popular Hotels in Murcia
- Other Hotels near Cartagena, Murcia
- Hotels in Popular Destinations
- Hotel Deals
- Expedia's Latest Trends