Visitors to Chadron are sure to enjoy the university setting. Tourists can also enjoy the city's architecture, opera houses, and entertainment choices.
- There are 6 hotels and other accommodations in Chadron
- The closest major airport is in Chadron, NE (CDR-Chadron Municipal), 4.8 mi (7.7 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Alliance, NE (AIA-Alliance Municipal), 53.7 mi (86.4 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Chadron
The picturesque setting of Finnegan Park and Nebraska National Forest exemplify the city's natural beauty. University life is a highlight in the city and campuses to tour include Chadron State College and Mari Sandoz High Plains Heritage Center. Additionally, you might want to add Ridgeview Country Club to your agenda.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 6 hotels and other lodging options available to pick from in Chadron. These are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Chadron - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its pool and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Best Western West Hills Inn - Our customers like the breakfast and overall value at this hotel. With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi.
- Motel Grand - Amenities at this motel include free breakfast and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its helpful staff and room size.
Dressing for Chadron
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 55°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 10°F
- From April to June, the average is 87°F during the day and 25°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 91°F during the day and 38°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 70°F as the daytime average and 9°F as the nighttime average
- Chadron gets about 18.04 inches of rain per year
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 88°F, while December and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 11°F