Travelers to Cherating give high marks for the beaches. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its temples.
- You'll find 183 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Kuantan
- The closest major airport is in Kuantan (KUA-Sultan Haji Ahmad Shah), 26.9 mi (43.2 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Kerteh (KTE), 30 mi (48.3 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Cherating
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and such places to visit as Cherating Beach and Pantai Cherating. Additionally, you might want to add Cherating Turtle Sanctuary to your agenda.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 12 hotels and other lodging accommodations to pick from in Cherating. Here are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- The Kasturi - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its beach locale and helpful staff.
- Royale Chulan Cherating - Our customers like the breakfast and overall value at this hotel. This 4.5-star hotel features 2 outdoor pools, 3 restaurants, and free WiFi.
- Residence Inn Cherating - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and pool.
Dressing for Cherating
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 91°F and the nighttime average to be 74°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 92°F during the day and 76°F at night
- July through September averages 92°F during the day and 75°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 91°F during the day and 75°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Cherating is 2.36 inches
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 92°F, while the coldest months are February and March with an average of 74°F