Dissapointing. Not cheap for what you actually get. Very small room (2 people cannot pass each other) and no air conditioning so very hot. No towels in the room so have to ask at reception. No bed sheets - they charge extra for that which was not made clear upon booking or arrival. Staff were moody and not particularly helpful, i.e. didnt give us towels, didnt tell us about bedsheets, couldn't/didnt want to give us any advice on where to go or what to do.
- Volkstheater Millowitsch
- 7 min walk
- 9 min walk
- El Gaucho
- 3 min walk
- 4 min walk
- Cologne (CGN-Cologne - Bonn)
- 14 min drive
Choose dates to view prices
Book online or call:1-800-238-0767
About this area
- Volkstheater Millowitsch - 7 min walk
- Neumarkt - 9 min walk
- Friesenplatz - 12 min walk
- University of Cologne - 3 min drive
- Wallraf-Richartz-Museum - 3 min drive
- Zuelpicher Platz U-Bahn - 3 min walk
- Cologne Süd Station - 11 min walk
- Cologne (CGN-Cologne - Bonn) - 14 min drive
- El Gaucho — 3 min walk
- Wolkenburg — 4 min walk
- La Piazzetta — 4 min walk
- Im Leuchtturm — 4 min walk
- The Ash — 5 min walk
About this property
a&o Köln Neumarkt
Along with a bar/lounge, this smoke-free hotel has self parking and a 24-hour front desk. WiFi in public areas is free. Additionally, express check-out, multilingual staff, and a TV in a common area are onsite. All 173 rooms offer free WiFi, TVs, and hair dryers. Showers, desks, and free toiletries are among the other amenities that guests will find.
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Kids stay free! Up to 2 children stay free when using existing bedding.
- Rollaway/extra beds are not available.
- Free cribs (infant beds)!
- Pets allowed for an extra charge of EUR 5 per pet, per night
- Dogs only
- 2 per room
Property payment types
You'll be asked to pay the following charges at the property:
- A city tax is imposed by the city of Cologne. Business travelers with proof of business-related travel are exempt from this tax. For more details, please contact the property using the information on the reservation confirmation received after booking.
- A 5 percent city/local tax will be charged
We have included all charges provided to us by the property. However, charges can vary, for example, based on length of stay or the room you book.
The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Fee for buffet breakfast: EUR 7 for adults and EUR 3.50 for children (approximately)
- Self parking fee: EUR 15.00 per night (in/out privileges)
- Pet fee: EUR 5 per pet, per night
- Late check-out fee: EUR 10.00 (subject to availability)
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
You need to know
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card, debit card, or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
Property is also known as
- A&O Köln
- A&O Köln Neumarkt
- A&O Köln Neumarkt Cologne
- A&O Köln Neumarkt Hotel
- A&O Köln Neumarkt Hotel Cologne
- A O Köln Neumarkt
- a&o Köln Neumarkt Hotel
- a&o Köln Neumarkt Cologne
- a&o Köln Neumarkt Hotel Cologne
- Available in all rooms: Free WiFi
- Available in some public areas: Free WiFi
Parking and transportation
- Self parking: EUR 15.00 per night
Food and drink
- Breakfast available for a fee: EUR 7 for adults and EUR 3.50 for children
- 1 bar
Things to do
- Bicycle rentals
- Billiards/pool table
- Free cribs/infant beds
- ATM/banking services
- Front-desk safe
- 24-hour front desk
- Multilingual staff
- Smoke-free property
- TV in lobby
- Free cribs/infant beds
- Free toiletries
- Hair dryer
- Premium channels
- Iron/ironing board (on request)
Not the right spot when it's hot!
The hostel was great! Clean, enough space, lobby was nice but it was HOT and there is no A/C. The window cracks a tiny bit and there was no cross breeze. I'm not sure if this is normal weather in Cologne in June but we were miserable in the room because it was so hot and the beds were very hard.