Visitors can enjoy all that Dakar has to offer including the live music, cafés, and safari tours. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its rainforests. A top sight in the city is Ile de Goree Beach.
- There are 259 hotels and other accommodations in Dakar
- The closest major airport is in Dakar (DKR-Leopold Sedar Senghor Intl.), 3.1 mi (5.1 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Dakar (DSS-Blaise Diagne Intl.), 26 mi (41.8 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Dakar
Cultural venues in the city include Village des Arts, IFAN Museum of African Arts, and Maison des Esclaves. The city is notable for landmarks like Dakar Grand Mosque, African Renaissance Statue, and African Remembrance Square. The picturesque setting of Ile de Goree Beach and Hann Park exemplify the city's natural beauty.
In Dakar, you'll find 259 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have ample places to choose from for a perfect vacation. These are top ones based on our user reviews:
- International Hotel Dakar - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and bar.
- La Résidence Dakar - Our customers like the bar and breakfast at this hotel. This 3.5-star hotel in Les Almadies features a restaurant, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi.
- Hôtel Le Djoloff - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its quiet location and helpful staff.
Getting Around Dakar
To venture out into the surrounding area, ride aboard one of the trains from Dakar Station. Dakar might not have many public transit choices so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Dakar
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 80°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 63°F
- From April to June, the average is 88°F during the day and 64°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 89°F during the day and 74°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 89°F as the daytime average and 65°F as the nighttime average
- September and October are usually the hottest months averaging 89°F, while March and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 63°F