Visitors can enjoy all that Datong has to offer including its hot springs. This city also attracts tourists with its quaint and culturally-rich setting.
- There are 8 hotels and other accommodations in Datong
- The closest major airport is in Taipei (TSA-Songshan), 35.5 mi (57.2 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Hualien (HUN), 37 mi (59.5 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Datong
The city's natural beauty is on display at Renze Hot Spring, Qilan Forest Recreation Area, and Qilan National Forest Recreation Area Visitor Center. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Jioujhihze Hot Springs and Jiancing Historic Trail.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 8 hotels and other lodging options available to pick from in Datong. Below are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Hao Wang Jiao Homestay - With a stay at this 3-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi.
- Yingshih Resort - Our customers like the overall value and location at this B&B. This 3-star bed & breakfast features 2 restaurants, free breakfast, and free WiFi.
- Cilan Resort - Amenities at this 3-star hotel include free breakfast and free parking.
Dressing for Datong
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 74°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 53°F
- From April to June, the average is 92°F during the day and 66°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 92°F during the day and 70°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 85°F as the daytime average and 55°F as the nighttime average
- Datong gets about 2.13 inches of rain per year
- July and June are usually the hottest months averaging 90°F, while February and March are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 57°F