Travelers to Eilat give high marks for the seaside. Tourists to the city can also enjoy its scenic landscape. Top sights in the city include Dolphin Reef and Coral Beach Nature Reserve.
- There are 194 hotels and other accommodations in Eilat
- The closest major airport is in Aqaba (AQJ-King Hussein Intl.), 6.6 mi (10.7 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Taba (TCP-Taba Intl.), 10.6 mi (17 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Eilat
Attractions like Dolphin Reef and Coral World Underwater Observatory are fun for everyone, not just kids. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the seaside and these places to visit: Coral Beach Nature Reserve, Princess Beach, and Papaya Beach. Top activities include snorkeling and dolphin watching, while Eilat Marina, Green Beach, and Ice Mall are favorite sights to visit.
In Eilat, you'll be able to select from 194 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have ample places to choose from for your holiday getaway. Below are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Dan Eilat - This 5-star hotel features 2 restaurants, free breakfast, and an outdoor pool. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its beach locale and pool.
- Custo Club - Our customers like the beach locale and pool at this guesthouse. Amenities at this guesthouse include an outdoor pool and free WiFi.
- Isrotel Lagoona - All Inclusive - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and free breakfast, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and convenient parking.
Top places to visit outside the city include Port of Aqaba, located 4.1 mi (6.5 km) from the heart of the city, and Timna Park, which is 16.8 mi (27 km) away.
Dressing for Eilat
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 83°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 48°F
- From April to June, the average is 103°F during the day and 60°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 105°F during the day and 72°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 95°F as the daytime average and 51°F as the nighttime average
- Eilat gets about 2.55 inches of rain per year
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 103°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 51°F