Good location, with some positives & some issues.
Posted Sep 15, 2014
1. On main tourist street, in easy walking distance to restaurants, bars, shopping and the bay.
2. Moderately priced, more than the real dive hotels, but less than the Best Western across the street.
3. Gated and secured parking.
4. Staff was nice to me.
1. Older hotel is showing signs of it's age.
2. Noise from other rooms air conditioners and swimming pool pumps were bothersome.
3. Room was just so-so on cleanliness. Not horrible, clean sheets and sink but some mold in shower, some crud in corners and behind things that should be cleaned better.
So, Expedia asks if I would recommend to a friend? Which friend? No, not to an uptight snob who is expecting the Marriott hotel. Maybe yes to somebody who is looking for a value in this location and will keep their expectations properly in line with price.