Nature enthusiasts will enjoy exploring Eureka, and visitors give high marks for the seaside, beautiful forests, and casinos. This city also attracts tourists with its scenic landscape. Top sights in the city include Redwood National and State Parks, Humboldt Redwoods State Park, and Trees of Mystery.
- There are 309 hotels and other accommodations in Eureka
- The closest major airport is in Eureka, CA (ACV-Arcata - Eureka), 12.2 mi (19.6 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Eureka
Cultural venues in the city include Humboldt Bay Maritime Museum, Arcata Playhouse, and Arcata Theatre Lounge. Attractions like Tour Through Tree, Ocean World, and Six Rivers National Forest Headquarters are fun for kids of all ages. The city is notable for landmarks like Arcata Plaza, Carson Mansion, and Radar Station B-71.
In Eureka, you'll find 309 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have plenty of choices for a perfect holiday retreat. Here are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Arky's B&B - This 2-star guesthouse features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its bar and clean, comfortable rooms.
- View Crest Lodge - Our customers like the beach locale and clean, comfortable rooms at this lodge. With a stay at this 3.5-star lodge, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- Ye Olde Danish Inn - With a stay at this 2.5-star guesthouse, guests can enjoy access to free parking and a library, along with an in-room fireplace. Expedia customers like its convenient parking and central location.
Other favorite sights in Eureka include Redwood National and State Parks, Humboldt Redwoods State Park, and Trees of Mystery.
Dressing for Eureka
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 57°F during the day and 41°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 63°F, while the average at night is 43°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 65°F with nighttime averages of 49°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 63°F and nighttime averages of 40°F
- Average annual rainfall for Eureka is 39.76 inches
- Usually August and September are the hottest months with an average of 64°F, whereas December and January are often coldest, averaging 41°F