Visiting Fish Camp
Nature enthusiasts will enjoy exploring Fish Camp, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. This welcoming city also attracts tourists with its forests. Around the area, top sights include Glacier Point, Half Dome, and Mariposa Grove.
- There are 9 hotels and other accommodations in Fish Camp
- The closest major airport is in Mariposa, CA (RMY-Mariposa-Yosemite), 22 mi (35.5 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Fresno, CA (FAT-Fresno Yosemite Intl.), 49.2 mi (79.2 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Fish Camp
The hiking trails, forests, and mountain views highlight the city's natural beauty, and Mariposa Grove, Yosemite South Entrance, and Sierra National Forest are worth a visit. In the area, you'll also find Glacier Point and Half Dome.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 9 hotels and other lodging accommodations to select from in Fish Camp. Here you'll find top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Tin Lizzie Inn - With a stay at this 3-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with in-room flat-screen TVs. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
- Tenaya Lodge at Yosemite - Our customers like the family-friendly amenities and breakfast at this resort. With a stay at this 4-star resort, guests can enjoy access to 2 indoor pools and a full-service spa, along with pillowtop beds.
- Narrow Gauge Inn - This 3-star hotel features a restaurant, free parking, and a bar. Expedia customers like its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
Outside the city, popular places to visit include El Capitan, located 17.6 mi (28.4 km) from the city center, and Vernal Falls, which is 17.9 mi (28.9 km) away.
Dressing for Fish Camp
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 65°F and the nighttime average to be 35°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 91°F during the day and 41°F at night
- July through September averages 94°F during the day and 52°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 81°F during the day and 34°F at night
- About 40.83 inches of rain falls on Fish Camp each year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 92°F, while the coldest months are December and January with an average of 36°F