Nature enthusiasts will enjoy exploring Mariposa, and visitors give high marks for the shopping, top-notch restaurants, and beautiful parks. This quaint city also attracts tourists with its cafés.
- There are 63 hotels and other accommodations in Mariposa
- The closest major airport is in Mariposa, CA (RMY-Mariposa-Yosemite), 4.3 mi (7 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Merced, CA (MCE-Merced Municipal), 33.3 mi (53.7 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Mariposa
The city's cultural venues include Mariposa Museum and History Center and California State Mining and Mineral Museum. The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks such as Mariposa County's Old Stone Jail. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the parks and such places to visit as Lake McClure Bagby Recreation Area and Sierra National Forest.
In Mariposa, you'll be able to select from 63 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have a variety of choices for your holiday getaway. Here you'll find top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Yosemite Bed and Breakfast - This 3-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and overall value.
- Mariposa Fair Bungalow Tent Cabins - Caravan Park - Our customers love the overall value and proximity to shopping at this campground. Amenities at this 1-star campground include free WiFi and free parking.
- River Rock Inn - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free parking and a café, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its overall value and helpful staff.
Popular places to visit outside the city include Glacier Point, located 27.1 mi (43.6 km) from the heart of the city, and Half Dome, which is 29.8 mi/47.9 km away.
Dressing for Mariposa
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 66°F during the day and 37°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 93°F, while the average at night is 44°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 97°F with nighttime averages of 57°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 85°F and nighttime averages of 37°F
- About 29.53 inches of rain falls on Mariposa each year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 95°F, whereas December and January are often coldest, averaging 38°F