Visiting El Portal
Nature enthusiasts will enjoy exploring El Portal, and visitors give high marks for the riverfront, beautiful parks, and top-notch restaurants. Relaxing and welcoming, this city also attracts tourists with its local tours. Around the area, top sights include Glacier Point, Half Dome, and El Capitan.
- There are 7 hotels and other accommodations in El Portal
- The closest major airport is in Mariposa, CA (RMY-Mariposa-Yosemite), 18.1 mi (29.2 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in El Portal
The city's riverfront, hiking trails, and parks provide a picturesque setting, and places to visit include Sierra National Forest. In the area, you'll also find Glacier Point and Half Dome.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 7 hotels and other lodging options available to choose from in El Portal. These are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Yosemite View Lodge - This 2.5-star hotel features 3 outdoor pools, 2 restaurants, and an indoor pool. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its bar and proximity to public transit.
- Indian Flat RV Park - Tent Cabins & Cottages - Our customers love the dining options and walkable location at this campground. Amenities at this 1-star campground include an outdoor pool and WiFi.
- Red Bud Lodge - Amenities at this 2-star motel include free parking and an in-room kitchenette. Expedia customers like its breakfast and comfortable, quiet rooms.
Outside the city, popular places to see include El Capitan, located 8.9 mi (14.3 km) from the city center, and Yosemite Falls, which is 11.2 mi/18 km away.
Dressing for El Portal
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 66°F and the nighttime average to be 37°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 93°F during the day and 44°F at night
- July through September averages 97°F during the day and 57°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 85°F during the day and 37°F at night
- El Portal gets about 29.53 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 95°F, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 38°F