Visitors to Flam are sure to enjoy the breweries and restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy the city's waterfront and mountain views.
- There are 3 hotels and other accommodations in Flam
- The closest major airport is in Sogndal (SOG-Haukasen), 21.6 mi (34.8 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Flam
A couple of favorite places to visit are Flam Church and Flam Marina. Additionally, you'll find Naeroyfjord in the area.
Below is a top accommodation based on our user reviews:
- Flåmsbrygga Hotell - With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
Getting Around Flam
If you want to journey outside of the city, hop aboard a train from Aurland Haareina Station, Aurland Lunden Station, or Aurland Flaam Station. Flam might not have very many public transit choices so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Flam
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 37°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 15°F
- From April to June, the average is 65°F during the day and 25°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 68°F during the day and 37°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 47°F as the daytime average and 14°F as the nighttime average
- Flam gets about 1.30 inches of rain per year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 65°F, while December and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 15°F