Travelers to Glendale give high marks for the fun sporting events, college vibe, and shopping. This city also attracts tourists with its welcoming locals. Top sights in the city include Gila River Arena, University of Phoenix Stadium, and Wet 'n' Wild.
- You'll find 3164 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Phoenix
- The closest major airport is in Phoenix, AZ (DVT-Phoenix Deer Valley), 9.7 mi (15.6 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Phoenix, AZ (PHX-Sky Harbor Intl.), 15.8 mi (25.5 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Glendale
The city's cultural venues include Cerreta Candy Factory and Deer Valley Rock Art Center. Attractions like Wet 'n' Wild, Glendale Aquatic Center, and Victory Lane Sports Complex are fun for kids of all ages. Shopping is a favorite activity, so consider an excursion to Arrowhead Towne Center and Westgate Entertainment District.
In Glendale, there are 103 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have plenty of choices for your holiday getaway. Here you'll find highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Home2 Suites by Hilton Glendale - Westgate - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its pool and proximity to shopping.
- Residence Inn by Marriott Glendale - Our customers love the high-quality beds and walkable location at this aparthotel. With a stay at this 3-star aparthotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with an in-room kitchen.
- GasLight Inn - This 3-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. Expedia customers like its breakfast and helpful staff.
Other top sights in Glendale include Gila River Arena and University of Phoenix Stadium. Popular places to visit around the area include Tournament Players Club of Scottsdale, located 17.6 mi (28.3 km) from the city center, and Peoria Sports Complex, which is 3.1 mi/4.9 km away.
Dressing for Glendale
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 80°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 41°F
- From April to June, the average is 105°F during the day and 52°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 106°F during the day and 66°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 93°F as the daytime average and 40°F as the nighttime average
- About 8.27 inches of rain falls on Glendale each year
- July and June are usually the hottest months averaging 104°F, while December and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 42°F