Visiting Harbor Springs
Visitors to Harbor Springs are sure to enjoy the ski areas, waterfront, and restaurants. Scenic and relaxing, this city attracts tourists with its shopping and golf courses.
- You'll find 299 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Petoskey
- The closest major airport is in Pellston, MI (PLN-Pellston Regional), 13.8 mi (22.3 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Mackinac Island, MI (MCD), 34.5 mi (55.5 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Harbor Springs
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the lakeside and these places to visit: Harbor Springs Beach, Thorne Swift Nature Preserve, and Tunnel of Trees. Skiing, exploring the waterfront, and golfing are top activities, while sights to visit include Boyne Highlands Ski Area, Little Traverse Bay Golf Course, and Nub's Nob Ski Area. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Andrew J. Blackbird Museum and Harbor Springs Vineyards and Winery.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 36 hotels and other lodging accommodations to pick from in Harbor Springs. Below are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Best Western of Harbor Springs - This 2.5-star motel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. Expedia travelers love its comfortable and quiet rooms.
- Boyne Highlands Resort - Our customers like the helpful staff and comfortable rooms at this resort. This 3-star resort features a golf course, ski slopes, and 6 restaurants.
- Colonial Inn in Harbor Springs - This 2.5-star inn features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. Expedia customers like its quiet location and clean, comfortable rooms.
Dressing for Harbor Springs
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 43°F and the nighttime average to be 12°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 74°F during the day and 27°F at night
- July through September averages 75°F during the day and 46°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 62°F during the day and 17°F at night
- Harbor Springs gets about 31.97 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 74°F, while the coldest months are February and January with an average of 14°F