Families will find kid-friendly activities in Hermosillo, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its festivals and shopping.
- There are 40 hotels and other accommodations in Hermosillo
- The closest major airport is in Hermosillo, Sonora (HMO-General Ignacio Pesqueira Garcia Intl.), 5.6 mi (9.1 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Hermosillo
Well-known for its festivals, the city's cultural venues include Museum of Popular and Indigenous Cultures of Sonora, Sonoran Institute of Culture, and Museo de Arte de Sonora. The city is notable for landmarks like Plaza Zaragoza, Metropolitan Cathedral of Hermosillo, and Hidalgo Square. The city's natural beauty is on display at Cerro de la Campana, Parque Madero, and Centro Ecologico de Sonora.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 40 hotels and other lodging options to select from in Hermosillo. Here are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Courtyard Hermosillo - This 3.5-star hotel features a restaurant, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its bar and breakfast.
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Hermosillo - Our customers like the breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi.
- Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Hermosillo Aeropuerto - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its dining options and clean, comfortable rooms.
Dressing for Hermosillo
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 84°F and the nighttime average to be 46°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 102°F during the day and 54°F at night
- July through September averages 103°F during the day and 70°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 100°F during the day and 46°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Hermosillo is 7.99 inches
- Hottest months are usually August and September with an average temperature of 103°F, while the coldest months are December and January with an average of 46°F