Visitors can enjoy all that Honokohau has to offer including the beaches, shopping, and restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its sporting events. Top sights around the area include Hulihee Palace and Captain Cook Monument.
- There are 1513 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area
- The closest major airport is in Kailua-Kona, HI (KOA-Kona Intl.), 5.2 mi (8.3 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Kamuela, HI (MUE-Waimea-Kohala), 32.1 mi (51.7 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Honokohau
A couple of favorite places to visit are Honokohau Marina and Kaloko-Honokohau National Historical Park. Additionally, in the area you'll find Hulihee Palace and Captain Cook Monument.
As you plan your vacation to Honokohau, your ideal accommodation may not be in the heart of the city but you'll find 1125 hotels and lodging options locally. Here are places to stay within 5 miles of the city center.
- Royal Kona Resort is 2.9 mi (4.7 km) from the city's heart. Guests who stay at this 3-star hotel in Historic Kailua Village can enjoy access to a full-service spa and a restaurant, along with a private lanai. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its pool and proximity to public transit.
- Courtyard by Marriott King Kamehameha's Kona Beach Hotel is located 2.1 mi (3.4 km) from the city center. Guests who stay at this 3.5-star hotel in Historic Kailua Village can enjoy access to a full-service spa and 2 restaurants, along with free WiFi. Our customers like its family-friendly amenities and helpful staff.
- Kona Seaside Hotel is located within 2.1 mi (3.4 km) of the city center. This 2-star hotel in Historic Kailua Village features a restaurant, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its beach locale and pool.
Dressing for Honokohau
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 83°F and the nighttime average to be 66°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 86°F during the day and 68°F at night
- July through September averages 87°F during the day and 72°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 87°F during the day and 67°F at night
- About 11.93 inches of rain falls on Honokohau each year
- Hottest months are usually September and August with an average temperature of 87°F, while the coldest months are February and March with an average of 66°F