Visiting Captain Cook
Nature enthusiasts will enjoy exploring Captain Cook, and visitors give high marks for the seaside. This tucked away city also attracts tourists with its coffeehouses. Top sights in the city include Hawaii Volcanoes National Park and Captain Cook Monument.
- There are 97 hotels and other accommodations in Captain Cook
- The closest major airport is in Kailua-Kona, HI (KOA-Kona Intl.), 37.4 mi (60.1 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Captain Cook
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the seaside and these places to visit: Hawaii Volcanoes National Park, Manuka State Park, and Kula Kai Caverns. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Captain Cook Monument and Painted Church.
In Captain Cook, there are 97 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have plenty of choices for a perfect holiday retreat. Here are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Ka'awaloa Plantation Bed & Breakfast - This 3.5-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff and clean, comfortable rooms.
- A Beautiful Edge of the World B&B - Our customers like the breakfast at this B&B. With a stay at this 2.5-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a library, along with free WiFi.
- Hale Hoola B&B - This 3-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. Expedia customers like its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
Outside the city, top places to visit include Pu'uhonua o Honaunau National Historical Park, located 14.1 mi (22.7 km) from the city center, and Hulihee Palace, which is 30.1 mi (48.4 km) away.
Dressing for Captain Cook
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 83°F and the nighttime average to be 66°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 86°F during the day and 68°F at night
- July through September averages 87°F during the day and 72°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 87°F during the day and 67°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Captain Cook is 11.93 inches
- Hottest months are usually August and September with an average temperature of 87°F, while the coldest months are February and March with an average of 66°F