Travelers to Waikoloa give high marks for the seaside and pristine golf courses. Tourists to the city can also enjoy its relaxing setting. Top sights around the area include Hapuna Beach State Park and Pu'ukohola Heiau National Historic Site.
- There are 402 hotels and other accommodations in Waikoloa
- The closest major airport is in Kamuela, HI (MUE-Waimea-Kohala), 9.9 mi (16 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Kailua-Kona, HI (KOA-Kona Intl.), 20.1 mi (32.3 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Waikoloa
The city's seaside and sunsets provide a picturesque setting and places to visit include Anaehoomalu Beach. Snorkeling, golfing, and dolphin watching are top activities, while sights to visit include Waikola Village Golf Club, Waikoloa Kings Golf Course, and Waikoloa Beach Golf Course. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Genesis Gallery and Kings Shops.
In Waikoloa, there are 402 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have plenty of choices for a perfect vacation. Below are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Lava Lava Beach Club - With a stay at this 3.5-star resort, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with an in-room kitchenette. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its beach locale and helpful staff.
- Kohala Suites by Hilton Grand Vacations - Our customers like the beach locale and helpful staff at this resort. With a stay at this 3.5-star resort, guests can enjoy access to 3 outdoor pools and free parking, along with an in-room kitchen.
- Kings' Land by Hilton Grand Vacations - With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to 2 outdoor pools and a restaurant, along with an in-room kitchen. Expedia customers like its dining options and bar.
Outside the city, top places to visit include Hapuna Beach State Park, located 5 mi (8.1 km) from the city center, and Pu'ukohola Heiau National Historic Site, which is 7.3 mi (11.7 km) away.
Dressing for Waikoloa
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 83°F and the nighttime average to be 66°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 86°F during the day and 68°F at night
- July through September averages 87°F during the day and 72°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 87°F during the day and 67°F at night
- Waikoloa gets about 11.93 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually August and September with an average temperature of 87°F, while the coldest months are February and January with an average of 66°F