Visitors can enjoy all that Holualoa has to offer including the volcano viewpoints, jazz scene, and coffeehouses. Tourists can also enjoy the city's waterfront, local tours, and bars. Top sights around the area include Pu'uhonua o Honaunau National Historical Park, Hulihee Palace, and Captain Cook Monument.
- There are 24 hotels and other accommodations in Holualoa
- The closest major airport is in Kailua-Kona, HI (KOA-Kona Intl.), 12.6 mi (20.3 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Kamuela, HI (MUE-Waimea-Kohala), 28.9 mi (46.5 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Holualoa
Favorite places to visit in the city include Hualālai, Holualoa Gallery, and UCC Hawaii Kona Coffee Estate. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Mauka Meadows Coffee Farm and Hula Daddy Kona Coffee Plantation.
As you plan your vacation to Holualoa, the perfect accommodation may not be in the city center but there are 1132 hotels and lodging options locally. Here are places to stay in the area:
- Holualoa Inn is located 4.4 mi (7.1 km) from the heart of Holualoa. Guests who stay at this 4.5-star bed & breakfast in Holualoa can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. Our customers like its breakfast and beach locale.
- Kona Coffee Estate in Holualoa is 6.4 mi (10.3 km) from the center of Holualoa. Located in Holualoa, this guesthouse features a kitchen, a patio, and a living room. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its quiet location and bathrooms.
- New! Kona Studio Cottage W/ocean Views & Lanai is 5.5 mi (8.8 km) from central Holualoa. Located in Holualoa, this farm house accommodation features a kitchen and a patio. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its location.
Outside the city, popular places to see include Pu'uhonua o Honaunau National Historical Park, located 14.5 mi (23.3 km) from the city center, and Hulihee Palace, which is 7.3 mi (11.7 km) away.
Dressing for Holualoa
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 83°F and the nighttime average to be 66°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 86°F during the day and 68°F at night
- July through September averages 87°F during the day and 72°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 87°F during the day and 67°F at night
- About 11.93 inches of rain falls on Holualoa each year
- Hottest months are usually September and August with an average temperature of 87°F, while the coldest months are February and January with an average of 66°F