Travelers to Izabal will find plenty to explore and enjoy. There are 6 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area.
Sightseeing and Staying in Izabal
A favorite place to visit in the city is Lake Izabal. In the area, you'll also find Quirigua Archaeological Site and Finca Paraiso Hot Springs.
As you plan for your vacation to Izabal, you might not find an accommodation in the city center, but you can choose from 6 lodging options within the bigger area. Listed here are places to stay in the region:
- Dreamcatcher Eco Lodge - Adults Only is located 21.2 mi (34.1 km) from the heart of Izabal. Guests who stay at this 2-star lodge in Rio Dulce can enjoy access to a private beach and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff.
- Hotel Mansion del Rio is 19.1 mi (30.7 km) from the center of Izabal. Guests who stay at this 3-star hotel in San Felipe de Lara can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- Hotel Hacienda Tijax is 20.7 mi (33.2 km) from central Izabal. This 3-star lodge in Fronteras features a marina, a restaurant, and an outdoor pool. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff.
Dressing for Izabal
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 93°F during the day and 67°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 96°F, while the average at night is 71°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 94°F with nighttime averages of 74°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 93°F and nighttime averages of 67°F
- Izabal gets about 1.69 inches of rain per year
- Usually April and May are the hottest months with an average of 95°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 68°F