Visitors can enjoy all that Jefferson has to offer including the monuments, casinos, and coffeehouses. Tourists can also enjoy the city's football games and architecture.
- You'll find 34 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Ames
- The closest major airport is in Des Moines, IA (DSM-Des Moines Intl.), 50.4 mi (81.1 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Jefferson
Favorite places to visit in the city include Mahanay Memorial Carillon Tower, RVP~1875 Historic Furniture Shop & Museum, and Jefferson Community Golf Course. Additionally, you can explore the sights and enjoy the activities in the larger area.
This is a top rated accommodation based on our user reviews:
- Cobblestone Hotels and Suites - Jefferson - This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall condition and clean, quiet rooms.
Dressing for Jefferson
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 54°F during the day and 10°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 84°F, while the average at night is 31°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 85°F with nighttime averages of 44°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 70°F and nighttime averages of 11°F
- Jefferson gets about 34.21 inches of rain per year
- Usually July and June are the hottest months with an average of 84°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 13°F