History buffs will enjoy exploring Kalambaka, and visitors give high marks for the magnificent mountain views and top-notch restaurants. Scenic and quaint, this city attracts tourists with its temples and local tours.
- There are 46 hotels and other accommodations in Kalambaka
- The closest major airport is in Kozani (KZI-Filippos), 42 mi (67.5 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Ioannina (IOA-Ioannina National), 42.6 mi (68.6 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Kalambaka
Its temples and historic sites are notable and landmarks include Monastery of Agia Triada, Meteora, and Theopetra Cave. Additionally, you might want to add Anilio Ski Center to your agenda.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 46 hotels and other lodging options available to choose from in Kalambaka. These are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Theatro Hotel Odysseon - With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its proximity to shopping and comfortable rooms.
- Dellas Boutique Hotel - Our customers like the helpful staff and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi.
- Iridanos - With a stay at this 4-star guesthouse, guests can enjoy access to free parking and concierge services, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its helpful staff and comfortable rooms.
Dressing for Kalambaka
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 55°F during the day and 29°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 85°F, while the average at night is 35°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 87°F with nighttime averages of 49°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 70°F and nighttime averages of 32°F
- Kalambaka gets about 1.06 inches of rain per year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 85°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 31°F