Visitors to Karlstad are sure to enjoy the riverfront. Tourists can also enjoy the city's monuments, golf courses, and forests.
- There are 22 hotels and other accommodations in Karlstad
- The closest major airport is in Karlstad (KSD), 7 mi (11.3 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Karlstad
Cultural venues in the city include Sandgrund Lars Lerin, Varmlands Museum, and Wermland Opera. The city is notable for landmarks like Karlstad Cathedral, Ostra Bron, and Alsters Mansion. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Town Hall and Karlstad Congress Culture Centre.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 22 hotels and other lodging options available to select from in Karlstad. Here are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Hotell Nova - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff.
- Clarion Collection Hotel Bilan - Our customers like the proximity to shopping and comfortable rooms at this hotel. This 3.5-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant, and free WiFi.
- Clarion Collection Hotel Drott - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and helpful staff.
Getting Around Karlstad
To venture out into the surrounding area, hop aboard a train at Karlstad Central Station or Välsviken Station. Karlstad might not have many public transportation choices so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Karlstad
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 43°F during the day and 19°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 69°F, while the average at night is 28°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 73°F with nighttime averages of 42°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 54°F and nighttime averages of 22°F
- Average annual rainfall for Karlstad is 0.79 inches
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 69°F, whereas February and January are often coldest, averaging 20°F