Travelers to Keystone give high marks for the ski areas and magnificent mountain views. This scenic city also attracts tourists with its lakeside setting. Top sights around the area include Keystone Ski Resort, Breckenridge Ski Resort, and Copper Mountain Ski Resort.
- There are 1240 hotels and other accommodations in Keystone
- The closest major airport is in Broomfield, CO (BJC-Rocky Mountain Metropolitan), 48.9 mi (78.7 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Vail, CO (EGE-Eagle County Regional), 51.5 mi (82.8 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Keystone
The mountain views, lakeside, and hiking trails exemplify the city's natural beauty, and places to visit include Keystone Lake and Dillon Reservoir. Top activities include skiing and snowboarding, while Keystone Ski Resort is one place to visit. Additionally, you might want to add Keystone Conference Center to your agenda.
In Keystone, you'll be able to select from 1240 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have a variety of choices for your holiday getaway. Here you'll find top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Swan Mountain Resort - With a stay at this 3.5-star condo resort, guests can enjoy access to an indoor pool and free parking, along with an in-room kitchen. Expedia travelers love its convenient parking and spacious, clean rooms.
- Aspen Ridge Condominiums by Keystone Resort - Our customers love the pool and convenient parking at this condo resort. This 2.5-star condo resort features an outdoor pool, an indoor pool, and free WiFi.
- Ski Tip Lodge by Keystone Resort - With a stay at this 3.5-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and helpful staff.
Popular places to visit outside the city include Breckenridge Ski Resort, located 11 mi (17.6 km) from the heart of the city, and Copper Mountain Ski Resort, which is 13.5 mi (21.7 km) away.
Dressing for Keystone
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 37°F during the day and -4°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 65°F, while the average at night is 10°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 67°F with nighttime averages of 20°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 52°F and nighttime averages of -4°F
- About 0.55 inches of rain falls on Keystone each year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 65°F, whereas January and December are often coldest, averaging -3°F