Visitors to Kiruna are sure to enjoy the local tours and northern lights. Tourists can also enjoy the city's ski areas and museums.
- There are 21 hotels and other accommodations in Kiruna
- The closest major airport is in Kiruna (KRN), 3.5 mi (5.6 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Gallivare (GEV), 52.1 mi (83.8 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Kiruna
Notable city landmarks like Kiruna Church and Kiruna Mine might be worth a visit. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the northern lights and these places to visit: Kebnekaise, Muddus National Park, and Padjelanta National Park. Additionally, you might want to add Town Hall to your agenda.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 21 hotels and other lodging options available to pick from in Kiruna. Here are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Best Western Hotel Arctic Eden - This 3.5-star hotel features 2 restaurants, free breakfast, and an indoor pool. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and breakfast.
- Icehotel - Our customers like the bar and breakfast at this hotel. With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi.
- Hotel Bishops Arms Kiruna - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its overall value and clean, comfortable rooms.
Getting Around Kiruna
If you want to journey outside of the area, ride aboard a train from Kiruna Station, Kiruna Krokvik Station, or Kiruna Rautas Station. Kiruna might not have very many public transit choices so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Kiruna
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 31°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around -4°F
- From April to June, the average is 63°F during the day and 12°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 65°F during the day and 28°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 42°F as the daytime average and 1°F as the nighttime average
- Average annual rainfall for Kiruna is 22.94 inches
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 61°F, while February and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of -2°F