Visiting Les Mathes
Visitors can enjoy all that Les Mathes has to offer including the zoo, bars, and beaches. Tourists can also enjoy the city's shopping and restaurants. Around the area, top sights include Royan Church of Notre-Dame, Royan Beach, and Saint-Georges-de-Didonne Beach.
- There are 47 hotels and other accommodations in Les Mathes
- The closest major airport is in La Rochelle (LRH-La Rochelle - Ile de Re), 33.1 mi (53.3 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Les Mathes
Favorite places to visit in the city include Royan La Palmyre Racecourse, Palmyre Zoo, and Beach of La Grande Cote. Additionally, in the area you'll find Royan Church of Notre-Dame and Royan Beach.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 47 hotels and other lodging options to pick from in Les Mathes. Listed here are places to stay within 5 miles of the city center.
- Hôtel de La Côte d'Argent is located in central Les Mathes. Guests who stay at this 2-star hotel in La Palmyre can enjoy access to a terrace and free WiFi.
- Camping Bonne Anse Plage is located in the heart of Les Mathes. This 4-star campground in Les Mathes features 2 outdoor pools, a restaurant, and free parking.
- Boost Locamobil 17 Bonne Anse Plage is located within 0.5 mi (0.8 km) of the city center. This 4-star campground in Les Mathes features a restaurant, free parking, and a fitness center.
A popular place to see in the surrounding area is Saint-Georges-de-Didonne Beach, located 11.5 mi (18.5 km) from the city center.
Dressing for Les Mathes
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 56°F during the day and 38°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 73°F, while the average at night is 45°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 77°F with nighttime averages of 55°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 68°F and nighttime averages of 40°F
- About 1.30 inches of rain falls on Les Mathes each year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 75°F, whereas February and January are often coldest, averaging 40°F