Visitors can enjoy all that Liberal has to offer including the museums, cafés, and architecture. Tourists to the city can also enjoy its small-town vibe.
- There are 18 hotels and other accommodations in Liberal
- The closest major airport is in Liberal, KS (LBL-Mid-America Regional), 0.7 mi (1.2 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Liberal
Cultural venues in the city include Mid-America Air Museum, Stevens County Gas Museum, and Dalton Gang Hideout. The city's natural beauty is on display at Meade Park, Light Park, and Hugoton Town Park. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Willow Tree Golf Course and Adventure Bay Water Park.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 18 hotels and other lodging options available to choose from in Liberal. Here are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Liberal - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its pool and quiet location.
- Best Western Plus Stevens County Inn - Our customers like the overall value and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- Comfort Suites - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its helpful staff and room size.
Dressing for Liberal
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 65°F and the nighttime average to be 20°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 92°F during the day and 35°F at night
- July through September averages 94°F during the day and 49°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 77°F during the day and 20°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Liberal is 20.24 inches
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 92°F, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 21°F