Visitors can enjoy all that Mahajanga has to offer including the parks, beaches, and restaurants. The relaxing and welcoming setting also entices those visiting the city.
- There are 11 hotels and other accommodations in Mahajanga
- The closest major airport is in Majunga (MJN-Amborovy), 1.7 mi (2.7 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Mahajanga
The city's natural beauty is on display at Grand Pavois Beach, Jardin d'Amour, and Antsanitia Beach. Additionally, you can explore the sights and enjoy the activities in the larger area.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 11 hotels and other lodging options to pick from in Mahajanga. Here's a top place to stay based on Expedia user reviews:
- Antsanitia Resort - With a stay at this 4-star lodge, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with a private balcony.
Dressing for Mahajanga
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 91°F and the nighttime average to be 74°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 91°F during the day and 65°F at night
- July through September averages 90°F during the day and 64°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 90°F during the day and 70°F at night
- Mahajanga gets about 56.34 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually April and May with an average temperature of 91°F, while the coldest months are July and August with an average of 65°F