Families will find kid-friendly activities in Marietta, and visitors give high marks for the shopping and top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its festivals and entertainment choices. Centennial Olympic Park, Zoo Atlanta, and Georgia Aquarium are some of the top sights around the area.
- You'll find 837 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Atlanta
- The closest major airport is in Atlanta, GA (FTY-Fulton County), 12.3 mi (19.8 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Atlanta, GA (PDK-DeKalb-Peachtree), 15 mi (24.1 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Marietta
Well known for its festivals, the city's cultural venues include Earl Smith Strand Theatre, Gone With the Wind Movie Museum, and Georgia Golf Hall of Fame. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Marietta Square and Marietta Confederate Cemetery.
In Marietta, there are 60 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have plenty of choices for a perfect holiday retreat. Below are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Drury Inn & Suites Atlanta Marietta - Our customers like the central location and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and an indoor pool.
- Hyatt Regency Suites Atlanta Northwest - This 3.5-star hotel features a restaurant, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its proximity to shopping and comfortable rooms.
Top places to visit around the area include Centennial Olympic Park, 16.1 mi/25.9 km from the city center, and Zoo Atlanta, which is 18.2 mi/29.3 km away.
Dressing for Marietta
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 69°F during the day and 30°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 84°F, while the average at night is 42°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 85°F with nighttime averages of 55°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 74°F and nighttime averages of 30°F
- Marietta gets about 55.08 inches of rain per year
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 84°F, whereas January and December are often coldest, averaging 32°F