Visiting Miami Shores
Visitors can enjoy all that Miami Shores has to offer including the university setting, theaters, and golf courses. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its beaches. Top sights around the area include PortMiami, Aventura Mall, and Vizcaya Museum and Gardens.
- You'll find 2037 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Miami
- The closest major airport is in Miami, FL (OPF-Opa Locka Executive), 5.6 mi (9 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Miami, FL (MPB-Public Seaplane Base), 6.1 mi (9.8 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Miami Shores
The university setting is a highlight of the city and Barry University is worth a campus tour. In the area, you'll also find PortMiami and Aventura Mall.
As you plan your vacation to Miami Shores, your ideal accommodation may not be centrally located but you'll find 2075 hotels and other lodging options within the local area. Here are places to stay in the surrounding area:
- Entire house in Miami Shores is located in the heart of Miami Shores. Guests who stay at this 3.5-star vacation home in Miami Shores can enjoy access to free parking and self-service laundry, along with an in-room kitchen.
- Cozy Room in Miami Shores! is 0.6 mi (1 km) from central Miami Shores. This 3-star hotel in Miami features a restaurant, free WiFi, and a conference center. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its family-friendly amenities and bar.
- Huge Room for Travelers! is located 0.8 mi (1.3 km) from the heart of Miami Shores. Guests who stay at this 4.5-star hotel in Miami Beach can enjoy access to a full-service spa and 9 restaurants, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its central location.
Outside the city, popular places to visit include Vizcaya Museum and Gardens, 8.7 mi/14 km from the city center, and Phillip and Patricia Frost Museum of Science, which is 5.9 mi/9.5 km away.
Dressing for Miami Shores
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 82°F and the nighttime average to be 57°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 90°F during the day and 65°F at night
- July through September averages 91°F during the day and 76°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 88°F during the day and 59°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Miami Shores is 61.02 inches
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 91°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 59°F