Midland Motels for the Frugal Traveler
There are 36 inexpensive motels in Midland among the more than 149 hotels and other lodging choices. These less expensive accommodations can help you cut costs when compared with traditional hotels, which may have more amenities but also come with a higher price tag.
Fun fact: In the U.S., motels became more commonplace after World War II with the appeal of road trip vacations, peaking in the 1960s with over 60,000 properties. When you stay at a motel property, you'll usually access your room directly from the parking lot.
Below are a few of our customers’ favorite Midland motels available to book:
Motel 6 Midland, TX
- Enjoy access to the outdoor pool, and freebies including WiFi and parking.
- An outdoor pool along with freebies like breakfast, WiFi, and parking are available during your stay.
La Quinta Inn by Wyndham Odessa
- Enjoy access to the outdoor pool, and freebies including breakfast, WiFi, and parking.
Motel 6 Odessa
- Free WiFi, free parking, and laundry facilities are available during your stay.
Motel 6 Odessa, TX - 2nd Street
- Enjoy access to the laundry facilities, and freebies including WiFi and parking.
What to Do in Midland
Visitors like Midland for its shops and entertainment venues. As you're sightseeing around the area, be sure to enjoy all there is to see and do.
These are some of the parks and outdoorsy places:
- Sibley Nature Center
- I-20 Wildlife Preserve and Jenna Welch Nature Study Center
- Howard Jenkins Memorial Space Park
Some historical places you might want to see include:
- Ace Arena
- George W. Bush Childhood Home
- Haley Memorial Library and History Center
During your trip, here are some other places to visit:
- Permian Basin Petroleum Museum
- The Horseshoe Midland County Multipurpose Facility
- Wagner Noel Performing Arts Center
Midland is also popular for its:
Best Time to Visit Midland
Decide when you'd like to visit Midland by looking over the seasonal weather details below:
- The hottest months are typically July and June, while January and December are the coldest months
- January-March: Daytime temperatures average 78° F and nighttime temperatures average 31° F
- April-June: 96° F is the daytime average and 46° F is the nighttime average
- July-September: Daytime averages are around 96° F and nighttime averages are around 58° F
- October-December: The average temperatures are 85° F during the day and 31° F at night
- Average rainfall is 14.72 inches in a year
How to Get to Midland and Around the Area
|Midland, TX (MAF-Midland Intl.) ||Airport ||8.7 mi (14 km) |