Expedia Verified Reviews
Get an overview of this hotelGrand Nice hotel overlooking Promenade des Anglais
Popular property highlights
By Musée Masséna
Built in 1912, the hotel overlooks Nice's Promenade des Anglais and is one of the world's few remaining privately owned palaces; Musée Masséna is next door.
Hotel Le Negresco features a Michelin Star-rated restaurant that serves contemporary cuisine in a dining room characterized by plush Regency-style decor with 18th-century woodwork.
Inspired by French history and art, guestrooms are eclectically furnished and decorated in styles ranging from Art Deco to Louis XIII. All include plasma TVs, premium bedding, and high-speed Internet access.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us! Opens in a new window.
Hotel Le Negresco
Classified as a National Historic Monument in 1974, the Hotel Le Negresco was built in 1912 and faces the sea on Nice's beachfront boulevard. The hotel has a staff to guest ratio of 2:1 and five concierges who belong to the Les Clef d'Or (Golden Key) society. The Negresco's collection of art spans five centuries and includes work by Salvador Dali and Niki de Saint Phalle, as well as more traditional art. Situated in the arcade of the magnificent Salon Royal, boutiques sell ceramics, clothing, jewelry, household goods, collectible toys, and many objects d'art.
Nine separate meeting and conference rooms—all with audiovisual conferencing equipment—are decorated in the hotel's opulent style, with crystal-laden chandeliers, heavy crimson velvet drapery, and antique-style furnishings. Groups of 600 can be accommodated.
Casino Ruhl is less than half a mile away. Valet parking is available to guests on a limited basis (surcharge), parking height restrictions apply. An airport shuttle is available on request (surcharge).
Note: The Chantecler restaurant is closed every year during the month of January.
This property is smoke-free and wheelchair-accessible.
- Express check-in
- Babysitting or childcare
- Newspapers in lobby (surcharge)
- 24-hour front desk
- Beach umbrellas
- Beach cabanas (surcharge)
- Express check-out
- Year Built 1912
- Meeting rooms 9
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Beach sun loungers
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Free WiFi
- Babysitting or childcare (surcharge)
- Limo or Town Car service available
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Smoke-free property
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- On private beach
- Luggage storage
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Number of restaurants - 2
- 24-hour business center
- Concierge services
- Gift shops or newsstand
- Shopping on site
- Laundry facilities
- Beach towels
- Total number of rooms - 124
- Number of floors - 5
- Wedding services
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
- Airport transportation (surcharge)
- Multilingual staff
- Fireplace in lobby
Available in all rooms: Free WiFi
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi
Valet parking (surcharge)
- Premium bedding
- Room service (24 hours)
- Air conditioning
- In-room climate control (air conditioning)
- Free newspaper
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Coffee/tea maker
- Turndown service
- Designer toiletries
- Free toiletries
- Hair dryer
- In-room massage available
- Daily housekeeping
- Digital TV service
- In-room safe
- Private bathroom
- Free cribs/infant beds
- Connecting/adjoining rooms available
- Rollaway/extra beds (surcharge)
- In-room childcare (surcharge)
- Flat-panel TV
- Free WiFi
- Individually decorated
Where to Eat
The Chantecler - Recognized as one of the finest restaurants in Nice, this Michelin Star-rated dining room with Regency-style decor and 18th-century woodwork serves fine cuisine. Chef's specialties include Poached Brittany Lobster in Citronella Stock and Sautéed Croquettes of Crab Meat and Broccoli on a bed of Orange Sauce. À la carte and set menus are available along with tasting portions. Lunch and dinner daily.
Please note: The Chantecler is closed every year during the month of January.
Rotonde - This brasserie-style restaurant has the flamboyant atmosphere of a carousel, with painted wooden horses, baroque lighting, and a carnival-themed trompe l'oeil ceiling. Guests dine on hot and cold breakfast buffet 7 AM to 10:30 AM, afternoon tea and cake, and a select a la carte menu.
Le Relais - This English-style bar with walnut-wood paneling and velvet armchairs has subdued lighting and contains famous portraits and tapestries. Open from late morning into the night, the bar offers drinks but serves no food. A pianist-singer entertains guests every evening.
Nearby Things to Do
Guests have access to a 25-meter private section of the pebbly beach Le Neptune, with sun lounge chairs, beach umbrellas, towels, and beach cabanas (surcharge). A range of water sports is available. The Promenade des Anglais, on which the hotel stands, has wide sidewalks parallel to the beach, which are favorites with joggers and in-line skaters.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Bicycle rentals nearby
- Water skiing nearby
- Golfing nearby
- Snorkeling nearby
- Parasailing nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Personal motorized watercraft on site
- Windsurfing nearby
- Scuba diving nearby
- Scooter/moped rentals nearby
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
- In-room accessibility
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Special check-in instructions:
Check-out time is noon
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Kids stay free! One child 11 years old or younger stays free when using existing bedding.
- Rollaway/extra beds are available for EUR 95.0 per night.
- Free cribs (infant beds)!
- Pets allowed for an extra charge of EUR 25 per pet, per night
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
- A tax is imposed by the city and collected at the property. This tax is adjusted seasonally and might not apply year round. Other exemptions or reductions might apply. For more details, please contact the property using the information on the reservation confirmation received after booking.
- A tax is imposed by the city: EUR 3.00 per person, per night. This tax does not apply to children under 18 years of age.
- Fee for buffet breakfast: EUR 30 per person (approximately)
- Airport shuttle fee: EUR 120 per vehicle (one way)
- Valet parking fee: EUR 28 per night
- Pet fee: EUR 25 per pet, per night
- Rollaway bed fee: EUR 95.0 per night
- Hotel Le Negresco
- Hotel Le Negresco Nice
- Hotel Negresco
- Le Negresco
- Le Negresco Nice
- Negresco Hotel
- Hotel Negresco Nice
- Negresco Nice
- Negresco Hotel Nice
We should mention
This property offers transfers from the airport (surcharges may apply). Guests must contact the property with arrival details before travel, using the contact information on the booking confirmation. One child 11 years old or younger stays free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding. The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation.
Awards & Affiliations
- The property is a member of the Leading Hotels of the World.
This property has received its official star rating from the French Tourism Development Agency, ATOUT France.