Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on Feb 12, 2019
Reviewed on Oct 21, 2020
Reviewed on Aug 14, 2020
Reviewed on Oct 16, 2020
Visiting Ore Mountains
Visitors can enjoy all that Ore Mountains has to offer including the ski areas, forests, and spas. Tourists can also enjoy the city's football games and sightseeing tours. Top sights in the city include Fichtelberg Cable Car, Fichtelberg Ski Resort, and Klinovec Ski Center.
- There are 246 hotels and other accommodations in Ore Mountains
- The closest major airport is in Karlovy Vary (KLV-Karlovy Vary Intl.), 23.2 mi (37.3 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Dresden (DRS), 51 mi (82.1 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Ore Mountains
Cultural venues in the city include Ore Mountain Museum, Museum of Air Battle over the Ore Mountains, and Frohnauer Hammer Mill Museum. Attractions like Oberwiesenthal Summer Toboggan Track and Altenberg Bobsleigh are fun for everyone, not just kids. The city is notable for landmarks like St. Anna's Church, Hasistejn Castle, and Schwarzenberg Castle.
In Ore Mountains, you'll find 246 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have a variety of choices for a perfect holiday retreat. These are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Pivovar Monopol - With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi.
- Hotel Paradies - Our customers like the breakfast at this hotel. With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and parking, along with free WiFi.
- Landhotel Rittersgrün - This 4-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant, and free WiFi.
Other favorite sights in Ore Mountains include Fichtelberg Cable Car, Fichtelberg Ski Resort, and Klinovec Ski Center.
Getting Around Ore Mountains
If you'd like to explore more of the area, hop aboard a train from Cranzahl Station, Sehma Station, or Annaberg-Buchholz Süd Station. Ore Mountains might not have many public transit options to choose from so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Ore Mountains
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 47°F and the nighttime average to be 23°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 69°F during the day and 33°F at night
- July through September averages 73°F during the day and 42°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 57°F during the day and 24°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Ore Mountains is 0.91 inches
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 70°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 24°F