Visitors to Pai are sure to enjoy the hot springs. Tourists can also enjoy the city's coffeehouses and ecotours.
- There are 194 hotels and other accommodations in Pai
- The closest major airport is in Mae Hong Son (HGN), 29.3 mi (47.1 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Chiang Mai (CNX-Chiang Mai Intl.), 52.3 mi (84.2 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Pai
Notable city landmarks like Santichon Chinese Village and Wat Sri Don Chai might be worth a visit. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the hot springs and such places to visit as Tha Pai Hot Springs and Mo Paeng Waterfalls. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Noi's Elephant Camp and Wat Luang.
In Pai, there are 194 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have ample places to choose from for a perfect holiday retreat. These are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Pai Happy Village - This 2.5-star hotel features an outdoor pool, free WiFi, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its pool and helpful staff.
- Pai Country Hut - Our customers like the breakfast and quiet location at this hotel. With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free parking and a free airport shuttle, along with free WiFi.
- PuraVida Pai Resort - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free parking and a terrace, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its helpful staff and room size.
One of the top places to see in the surrounding area is Wat Phra That Doi Kong Mu, 30.3 mi/48.8 km from the heart of the city.
Dressing for Pai
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 98°F and the nighttime average to be 58°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 99°F during the day and 71°F at night
- July through September averages 90°F during the day and 73°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 89°F during the day and 58°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Pai is 2.83 inches
- Hottest months are usually April and March with an average temperature of 97°F, while the coldest months are December and January with an average of 59°F