Families will find kid-friendly activities in Palmdale, and visitors give high marks for the shopping and top-notch restaurants. Tourists who journey to this culturally-rich city can discover its sporting events, theaters, and entertainment choices.
- You'll find 30 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Lancaster
- The closest major airport is in Palmdale, CA (PMD-Palmdale Regional), 3 mi (4.9 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Palmdale, CA (WJF-General William J. Fox Airfield), 3.4 mi (5.5 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Palmdale
The city is well known for its theaters and cultural venues like Palmdale Playhouse. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Palmdale City Hall and Antelope Valley Country Club.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 16 hotels and other lodging accommodations to pick from in Palmdale. Here are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Element Palmdale - This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its pool and proximity to shopping.
- Embassy Suites Palmdale - Our customers like the breakfast and overall value at this hotel. This 3.5-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant, and an indoor pool.
- Staybridge Suites Palmdale - This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. Expedia customers love its breakfast and spacious, comfortable rooms.
Getting Around Palmdale
If you want to venture outside of the area, hop aboard a train at Palmdale Transportation Center. Palmdale might not have very many public transportation choices so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Palmdale
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 72°F and the nighttime average to be 33°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 96°F during the day and 42°F at night
- July through September averages 99°F during the day and 55°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 87°F during the day and 33°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Palmdale is 6.50 inches
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 97°F, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 34°F