Families will find kid-friendly activities in Pelham, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. Tourists who journey to this welcoming city can discover its shopping, mountain views, and sporting events. Vulcan Statue, Birmingham Botanical Gardens, and Tannehill Park are some of the top sights around the area.
- You'll find 163 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Birmingham
- The closest major airport is in Birmingham, AL (BHM-Birmingham Intl.), 19.3 mi (31.1 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Pelham
The city is well known for its live music scene and cultural venues like Verizon Wireless Music Center. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the mountain views and Oak Mountain State Park. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Pelham Civic Complex and Ballantrae Golf Club.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 10 hotels and other lodging options available to select from in Pelham. Here you'll find top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Pelham - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant, and an indoor pool. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Sleep Inn Pelham - Our customers like the breakfast and overall value at this hotel. With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- Hampton Inn & Suites Birmingham-Pelham - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and helpful staff.
Popular places to visit outside the city include Vulcan Statue, 14.3 mi/23 km from the heart of the city, and Birmingham Botanical Gardens, which is 14.4 mi (23.1 km) away.
Dressing for Pelham
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 71°F during the day and 34°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 90°F, while the average at night is 47°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 91°F with nighttime averages of 59°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 80°F and nighttime averages of 34°F
- About 49.96 inches of rain falls on Pelham each year
- Usually July and June are the hottest months with an average of 88°F, whereas January and December are often coldest, averaging 36°F