History buffs will enjoy exploring Perigueux, and all visitors are sure to appreciate the cathedral. This culturally-rich city also attracts tourists with its riverfront.
- There are 21 hotels and other accommodations in Perigueux
- The closest major airport is in Perigueux (PGX), 4.5 mi (7.2 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Bergerac (EGC-Bergerac - Perigord - Dordogne), 27 mi (43.5 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Perigueux
Cultural venues in the city include Ville Renaissance, Military Museum, and Hôtel d’Abzac de Ladouze. Its historic sites and cathedral are notable and landmarks include Cathedrale St-Front and Tour de Vésone. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the riverfront and Jardin des Arenes.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 21 hotels and other lodging accommodations to select from in Perigueux. Below are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Mercure Périgueux Centre - This 4-star hotel features free WiFi, a bar, and a café. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its convenient parking and helpful staff.
- Ibis Périgueux Centre - Our customers like the central location and helpful staff at this hotel. With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and a bar, along with free WiFi.
- Citotel Bristol Hotel - This 3-star hotel features free WiFi, free parking, and a bar. Expedia customers like its convenient parking and central location.
Getting Around Perigueux
To see more of the larger area, hop on a train at Périgueux Station. Perigueux may not have many public transportation choices so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Perigueux
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 62°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 36°F
- From April to June, the average is 80°F during the day and 40°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 83°F during the day and 50°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 71°F as the daytime average and 37°F as the nighttime average
- Perigueux gets about 1.18 inches of rain per year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 81°F, while February and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 36°F